Stephens Stables were named in 2010 to the Most Notable Properties List by the City of Columbia Historic Preservation Commission. The main stable was built in 1936 and another stable was built in 1952, according to this video, Columbia’s New Historical Properties – Feb 15th, 2010.
- Oct. 17, 2015 — Boone County Historical Society showcases local horse stables. KOMU
- Sept. 17, 2015 — Stables tour aims to benefit historical society — Self-guided tour of five Boone County stables to benefit the Boone County Historical Society. The Stephens College stables were included on the tour. Columbia Daily Tribune.
- Columbia Historic Preservation Commission 1998-2011 – Photo of Stephens Stables in this city report.
- Feb. 15, 2010 —Columbia’s New Historical Properties – Feb 15th, 2010. Video created by the City of Columbia. See Stephens College’s stables at 01:23-2-24 on this video.
- Feb. 12, 2010 — Stephens Stables Named As 2010 Most Notable Property. Press release in The Chronicle of the Horse
- Feb. 3, 2010 — Bricks, graves given ‘most notable’ status. Article on all the 2010 Most Notable Properties including Stephens Stables. Columbia Daily Tribune.
- Feb. 3, 2010 — Notable Properties, Photo/Video. Columbia Daily Tribune.