See media coverage of Columbia College here.
Columbia College has four buildings on Columbia’s Notable Properties list. Here is a 2001 document, The Gates of Change 1851-2001, a Friends Special Sesquicentennial Issue, with some interesting history. Note: The information about J.W. “Blind” Boone’s mother is incorrect. The information instead refers to the mother of John Lange, his manager.
The four buildings on Columbia’s Notable Properties List are Williams Hall, St. Clair Hall, Launer Auditorium and Missouri Hall.
Williams Hall was originally started in 1848 as a home for Dr. James H. Bennett, a leading Columbia physician, according to information provided by Columbia College as a part of the nomination process. “Williams Hall is the oldest college building in continuous use for educational purposes west of the Mississippi River,” according to the Columbia College Web site. Once used as a music building, the building has housed administration and faculty offices and classrooms. According to this August 2017 article in the Columbia Business Times, the building houses faculty offices and classrooms.