The Conley house, built in 1869, is one of the most intact Italianate homes left in Columbia, according to city documents. It was named to the National Register of Historic Places on Dec. 18, 1973.
Here’s a link to an 1890 photograph of the house.
According to the University of Missouri website, it now houses offices for the Campus Writing Program, Provost and Office of Research, but according to the MU in Brick and Mortar, it may also house a ghost. Check out this page to learn more about Aunt Sally.
For all the history on MU Brick and Mortar Page, go here.
- Oct. 29, 2015 — Photo gallery: Historical Conservation Commission leads haunted Columbia tour, Columbia Missourian. Summary: Ghost tour touching on MU’s residence on the Quad, the columns as the remainder of Academic Hall, the location where the Shack once stood, McAlester Hall, Conley House and the Missouri Theatre.