- May 30, 2018 — Historic home may be razed, Columbia Missourian. Summary: A house at 1506 Hinkson Ave. in the Benton-Stephens neighborhood burned on May 10. The house may now be razed. The house is owned by Emmett McNulty. The house was built around 1925.
- May 9, 2018 — Architectural artifacts find their way into businesses, homes, Columbia Missourian. Summary: Josh Wexler is opening DrinKraft on Tenth and Park Avenue and will be decorating with items reclaimed from now demolished buildings. He is using items from the now demolished Bull Pen Cafe and the James Apartment at 121 S. Tenth St. Susan Maze is using items from the James Apartment in her home. She was a former resident of the James Apartment. Pat Fowler, chair of the City of Columbia’s Historic Preservation Commission, commented about the items being reused and the auction the city holds to sell items saved from buildings set to be demolished.
- April 21-22, 2017 — Quirky Quonset huts to go, but one remains a quirky reminder of MU’s past, Columbia Missourian. Summary: Two Quonset huts on College Avenue are set to be demolished by owner Robert Craig. The article outlines the history of MU’s Quonset huts, which were used for quick space during the 1940-post World War II enrollment increase due to former soldiers taking advantage of the GI Bill. The article notes the Quonset huts housed 2,800 student and, citing MU archives, were also used “as a textbook office, a laboratory and hospital office space.”
- April 2-3, 2017 — Holding on to pieces of the past, Columbia Missourian. Summary: Discusses salvage effort on The Bull Pen Cafe, 2310 Business Loop 70 E Columbia, MO 65201. Quotes former owner Jackie Cockrell and Pat Fowler of the Historic Preservation Commission. The Bull Pen Cafe opened in 1951. On this date, the building is owned by Marty Riback, who plans to demolish the building.
- March 10, 2017 —Bull Pen Cafe building will face the wrecking ball, Columbia Missourian, accessed March 19, 2017. Summary: The Bull Pen Cafe at 2310 Business Loop, open for 60 years prior to its closure in 2007, will be demolished. Salvage efforts will take place starting at 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 25, 2017. Here’s a link to a July 20, 2008 Columbia Missourian article about the Bull Pen. The headline is, “Cafe irreplaceable to regulars.“
July 28, 2016 — Historic East Campus house demolished for new apartment building, this article outlines the demolition of the William T. Bayless house at 1316 Bass Ave. The house, the article notes was 100 years old and Bayless was a treasurer of Stephens College from 1905-1926.
July 27, 2016 — Homes at 1312 Bass Ave., and 1316 Bass Ave. demolished to make way for a 16-unit apartment building, according to this July 27, 2016 report in the Columbia Missourian.
June 28, 2016 — Sigma Nu comes down, Columbia Missourian. Summary: The fraternity house at 710 S. College Ave. is demolished. A new fraternity house will replace it.
May 6, 2016 — Developer seeks to demolish historic East Campus houses, Columbia Missourian. Houses at 1312 and 1316 Bass Ave. set for demolition for apartment buildings.
Demolished 2013 — 1404 E. Broadway — to make way for the Hagan Scholarship Academy.
Demolished 2011 — 2911 Old Highway 63 South, 1925, Craftsman. Annie Fisher House. DEMOLISHED, 2011. Read more in this Nov. 29, 2011 article in the Columbia Daily Tribune. This link will take you to a photo of the house. For more information, click here. Annie Fisher, the daughter of slaves, became one of Columbia’s first African-American business owners. She operated a restaurant and catering service out of this house, which was named to Columbia’s Notable Properties list in 2009.